Other stories we’ve been reading:
- The Environmental Protection Agency is reporting that hundreds of school buildings across the United States have caulk around windows and doors containing potentially cancer causing PCBs.
- Parents’ roles in their child’s treatment and recovery from a concussion are vital. Youth Sports Parents offers parents a checklist on how to be a critical participant in their child’s recovery.
- Children’s Hospital Boston’s Chief Information Officer, Daniel Nigrin, explains how evolving technology can help patients manage all of their health information.
- Elizabeth Pantley, at Positive Parenting, is helping parents understand babies’ tantrums and what they can do about it.
- Women who were overweight or obese before they became pregnant are significantly more likely to give birth to a baby with a heart defect.
- New research suggests that children who eat too much candy may be more likely to be arrested for violent behavior as adults.