Michael Rich, MD, MPH
Michael Rich, MD, MPH, is Children’s Hospital Boston’s media expert and director of Children’s Center on Media and Child Health. Take a look at his blog archive or follow him on Twitter @CMCH_Boston
Throughout 2010 Thrive readers asked Children’s Hospital Boston’s media expert, Michael Rich, MD, MPH questions about the effect media has on kids. According to our records, these are the 10 most-viewed questions of the year, along with Rich’s responses.
1. What are some good kids’ movies for my 5 year old to enjoy?
2. How do Facebook and Twitter affect social skills?
3. Which computer games are good for my 2 year old?
4. Will video games cause seizures in my children?
5. How do swear words factor in to a movie’s MPAA rating?
6. Do you have any tips on good gifts for kids?
7. How will TV affect our 3-month-old?
8. Should I give my 11 year old the cell phone she wants?
9. A response to the controversy over how Call of Duty impacts teen boys
10. What goes on in the brain during a 3D movie?
Do YOU have a question about children and media? Submit your question today.